Our suite of editing and translation services supports academics and other professional writers who are striving to create clear and polished prose. We work with European and Asian scholars to make their research accessible and desirable to North American and British academic audiences and publishers, including journals and presses. For American, British, and Commonwealth writers and publishers, we prepare manuscripts at every level, from organization and ideas to style and citation.
- high-level developmental editing for argument and structure
- language editing for fluidity and lucidity
- copyediting and citation formatting for accuracy and style
- index and bibliography creation (click here for some indexing pointers)
- elegant and precise translation, specializing in
- early modern prose and poetry
- academic writing in Italian, French, and German
Your project is unique. So we will come up with a bid for you that lays out some options and prices those with an eye toward your budget. We can’t tell you what that number will be until we’ve heard about your project, but here are a couple of alternatives:
1) Ask for a bid by emailing email@example.com with the following information:
- the type of project (topic, discipline, book or article)
- the word count of the project (with and without footnotes)
- what kind of services you think you need (deep developmental editing, a thorough copy edit, translation, bibliography or indexing work, etc.)
- your timeline.
We will get back to you as soon as possible, generally within 24 hours.
2) Ask for a project review:
- for $100 we will review an article or book chapter (up to 15,000 words)
- we’ll give you broad structural suggestions as well as a comprehensive review of what needs to be done
- we’ll send it back with a bid to complete the work.
- while we won’t actually edit the piece, the review might be enough for you to proceed on your own
- if not, we’d be happy to credit the fee toward our completing the project for you.
If you need assistance managing a complex writing project, negotiating image permissions, or preparing professional materials, please visit our communications and project management page. Or, write us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how we can help make your prose shine.
Lisa has helped me to take my decades of research and thousands of pages of research notes and write them up into prose that people want to read. Since I started working with her, I have transformed ideas and insights into published articles. She excels at ploughing through my early drafts and identifying compelling narrative lines, and she makes suggestions that improve idea sequencing. She is particularly good at making sure that I underscore my contributions to analysis, whereas in the past, I downplayed them. As a result of this, Lisa fills me with confidence. She helps me focus on the process (writing, analyzing, structuring), so that the goals (published pieces of high-quality academic writing) take care of themselves.
– Professor of Medieval Art History.